Why Seattle is Awesome?
Ok, not to toot our own horn, but frankly – our city is better than your city. Lots of folks will talk about the miracles of Amazon, Boeing’s prosperous pipeline, or Starbucks and their cafe culture. Really it just comes down to the fact that we are extra nerdy, like to read and love our farmers markets. That is the reason why Seattle is better than your city!
Reasons Why Seattle Is Better Than Your City
- Top City for Hipsters: Yes working at the DivaHQ on Capitol Hill we often see many hipsters going to Captain Blacks in their skinny jeans and long beards. But hipsters also do fun things – like create whacked art installations that many of us love and adore.
- Top City for Working Woman: That’s right you want to be a working lady in this city? Well expect to make more than your sisters in other cities. According to Forbes Magazine Seattle is ranked in the top ten salaries paid to women.
- Top City for Geeks: Like we didn’t know this. Have you ever noticed that number of gadgets that exist in this city? Or that all you have to do is swing a purse and you are bound to find someone who is a computer programmer.
- Top City for the Gays: According to the census we are in the top 10 cities for the highest number of same sex couples per capita.
- Top City for Readers: Seattle is second most literate city in the U.S. Our libraries rock. We have several awesome bookstores. And we are the city that launched the Kindle!
- Top City to be an Up and Coming Film Maker: Seattle named the top city in America to be an aspiring film maker. I mentioned this to Diva Coordinator and Actress Tessa. She laughed and said “Is that because everyone starts here and then moves once they get serious”?
- Top City for Tech Jobs: Seattle is the best places for technology jobs. Well once again, I bet you can name five folks who work in technology without really trying?
- Top City for Innovated Theater Experiences: Let’s be honest we have one of the best live theater scenes in America.
- Top City for Farmers Markets: Our climate, and our thirst to eat local, makes Seattle one of the top places to find local goods by local farmers!
- Top City for the Outdoors: Yep, there is a reason why there are so many bike racks, hiking boots in the back seat, and ski enthusiasts here – you can get to the great outdoors by going to one of our amazing in-city parks or by taking a 30 minute drive to mountains, sound, lakes or whatever you like to do outside!
Love our nerdy city!